Today, May 2nd, is the last day of Baselworld 2013 and our final day of Baselworld 2013 coverage. However, make sure to keep an eye out for upcoming editorials on the top watch and jewelry trends from this year's exhibition.
- A. Lange & Sohne introduced the Lange 31, complete with 11 winding barrels, and 50-day power reserve.
- DeGrisogono unveiled its Sugar watch for women, which comes in four versions—diamond, emerald, and blue or orange sapphires.
- Among this year's new jewelry watches are the diamond and sapphire Boucheron Ajourée Peacock, the amethyst Chopard Imperiale Jaoillerie Améthyste, and the mother-of-pearl Blancpain Chronographic Grande Date.
- Ulysse-Nardin showed six new in-house movements at this year's Baselworldis the Stranger, featuring an in-house movement and complication comprising a music box.
- Jaquet Droz celebrated its 275th anniversary this year with its new Grande Heure GMT, featuring a simple and classic design, and legibility in two time zones.
- Several of this year's new watches incorporated mother-of-pearl into their designs including the Swarovski Lovely Crystals Collection, Gucci's new version of the Gucci Coupé watch, the Jaquet Droz Petite Heure Minute 55, and the Emile Chouriet Moonphase.
- Baselworld 2013 closed today having set new records, with 122,000 visitors over the past eight days, and 3,610 journalists having covered the exhibition.